Monday, January 20, 2014

Harvey the RV

For a little while now (since about June of 2013) we have had an RV that is completely solar powered. An onboard inverter allows use of 120V appliances like A/C, microwave, coffee pot. The design has to be just right to get high current loads like them to work on a 12VDC based system. I have some pictures I will post later detailing this. The fun part is that there is a Raspberry PI server on board (also named Harvey) that logs the voltage, current, and battery state, as well as various temperatures on board. I hope to add more monitoring capability and sensors later. It is neat to see that it is basically self-sufficient, using only a wi-fi connection from the TardHaus. It is cold and snowy but server Harvey is still monitoring. Check it out at:

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite "Raspberry Pi as a sensor-monitoring server" projects I've seen yet.

    ReplyDelete